Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Somethin' for the Ladies



anyone that knows me, knows that I'm big into fashion. this post is dedicated to all of my fav items of the 2010 fall/winter season. I love and can't get enough of you.


10. High Waist Belts - The ultimate accessory. Awesome for livening up a dull outfit while being very flattering for the waist area. I find that the stretchy ones fit the best. 
Top to Bottom: Forever 21- $6, H&M - $7, Forever 21 - $6,  Ross - $5,  Urban Outfitters - $10, Came with Dress - $0

9. Flat Oxfords - I'm done with the ballerina flats (well, for now anyway). these are so comfy, they can be dressed up or down and they match almost anything. I wear them with or without socks and they even compliment tights. 
Nordstrom Rack - $30



8. Rain Boots, AKA Wellies - I saw a lot of them the last time I was in San Fran. Of course they serve a more practical purpose there. In San Diego, I'll only get to wear them a few times so I didn't splurge on these.
TJ Maxx - $25

7. Elf Cosmetics - OMG! this shit is so inexpensive! and the quality makes it an amazing value. of course I don't skimp when it comes to my foundation (Bare Minerals ONLY) but there is no need to empty the bank on any other cosmetic items. right now my regiment consists of nude lips, rosy or peach blush, black eyeliner, and black mascara. Sometimes a little bronzer but not too much during cooler months. 
Everything Can Be Purchased @ WWW.EYESLIPSFACE.COM
Set of 10 Brushes with case $15 (50% off sale)
Lipgloss Set, Shadow Duo Set, Blush/Bronzer Compact - $5 Ea
 Makeup Remover Pads, Eyeliner, Mascara Duo - $1 Ea

6. "Budget Bauble" aka Jewelry - I buy often and in bulk. The trick is to buy the really inexpensive necklaces and piece them together when they fall apart.  No need to be careful with them; sometimes the pieces will even tarnish into some pretty cool shades of gold and/or copper. 


From Left to Right
 H&M - $6, Forever 21 $6, made from pieces of old necklaces,  Forever 21- $3,
Forever 21- $5

 5. Crossbody Bags - I was holding on to the oversized bag trend forever. but these babies have spoiled me! it's so nice to have my hands free all the time. i always get one that has at least one zippered compartment so i can carry my id and credit cards without a wallet. 

Urban Outfitters- $20

4. Swiss Dot Tights - or any tights for that matter. the more sheer they are, the more chances of a run so I stock up on these as well. Swiss Dot is so versatile. I wear them to the bar, work, interviews, and cocktail parties (just to name a few occasions).

H&M - $10 for 2.
Also Purchased From: Target, Forever 21,  Express, NY & Co, American Eagle Outfitters,  

3. Patterned Scarf - This may be my fav wardrobe item of all time. this scarf has traveled the world with me; I take it everywhere and I love it dearly. It wonderfully accompanies a jacket that has no hood, it protects my neck from a chill, and it dolls up a plain purse. the colors and pattern are so adaptable and its easy to mix with other patterns and bold colors. 
Scarf: Forever 21 - $5 like 3 years ago


2. Fabulously Fitting Wool Coat - I know there is no use in having too many in San Diego, but you should have at least one. I have about ten. Be aware of which coats work best for your body type. Short girls should go for the shorter hems. Girls on the taller end can get away with thigh length coats like this one. double breasted can make you seem wider, stay away from them if you are super busty or boxy. 

Coat: Guess < $100 on sale

1. The Pocahontas Headband - has become my signature accessory. turn a bad hair day into a good one with minimal effort. I curl or flip my hair before adding the headband if I'm going for a dressier look. when my hair was longer, I would even where it with a pony.  headbands are also functional; I wear them to the gym all the time. 
Target, $5 for Pk of 5
H&M $4 for 4
Target, $5 for 5 
                                              
                                                           Forever 21, $3






2 comments: